Saturday, March 9, 2013

2013 will be a bad year

stinkbug

I'm sure by now you've noticed stink bugs are a bit of a problem.  They can easily be found crawling around the inside of window screens, making a nusance of themselves.  Normally winter is the time for lady bugs, but this year lady bugs are almost non-existent while stink bugs are massing in bug hordes.  Personally I prefer lady bugs.

Wikipedia reports stink bugs are new imports from the far east.  But they seem too familiar to be imported to Pennsylvania from China in 1998.  I remember stink bugs from the time when I was kid which was way before 1998.

Stink bugs eat fruit, being especially fond of tomatoes.

2013 is predicted to be a really bad year for stink bugs. My window screens vefify this may be true.

So far I've not read anything in the Reidsville Review about stink bugs which means they may not actually exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment