Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I visited MARC. Couldn't find the ARCHIVES.

MARC - Museum and Archives of Rockingham County.  At least that's what I think it means.

I had a chance to visit MARC.  It's under-stocked, but what was there was very nice.  The place is neat and clean.  I could only wonder why the county abandoned its courthouse and gave it to MARC.

Moving into the new $50 million dollar courthouse cost every county taxpayer 5 cents per $100 in property value for the next 20-30 years.  Remember that when you go to visit MARC.

The only two white people mentioned in the black section of the museum were Jules and Trish Gwyn.  Apparently the Gwyns overcame segregation in Rockingham County.

I never could find the ARCHIVES portion of MARC.  If anyone knows where the ARCHIVES are located, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment