Friday, October 13, 2017

A LEGEND HAS PASSED ON


I was sure he was immortal.
He was a former Rockingham County School Board member and a County Commissioner.
He once voted to remove the children's book "I Want to Keep My Baby" from the school libraries because the book annoyed an evangelical minister
He once threatened to beat my ass (I forget why) and threatened to sue me when I jokingly told him I had filled out a political questionnaire and signed his name to it.
His daughter was convicted of stealing more than $20,000 from the school system.
He was a terrible Commissioner and School Board member, but the people loved him and he served for decades.
Wink Hoover has died.

4 comments:

  1. This is a rather plunt and to the point with no frills announcement of Mr. Hoover's death. How about a R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wink wasn't always that bad and I really had no animosity towards him. Didn't agree all the time, but all in all sorry to see him pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't guess he ever offered to beat your ass.

    I'm sure Wink was a fine fellow outside of the Board of Commissioners and the Board of Education. As an elected official, he was God-awful.

    ReplyDelete