Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I voted early

I voted early in the primary election on Saturday.

There wasn't much of a wait because there was no one in line ahead of me, but I still had to wait about five minutes while a little man was sent into a back room to get a Libertarian ballot.  Apparently Libertarian ballots are kept separate from all other ballots and must be retrieved from a secret Libertarian ballot room.  It was explained that because there are only 144 Libertarians in Rockingham County that it is OK to keep their ballots separate.

I got to vote on a candidate for U.S. Senate and a candidate for some sort of judge and whether the county should be liquored up.  I will tell you I voted against allowing liquor stores in the county because I figure the government has more than enough grip on everything.  I voted to allow the sale of liquor in restaurants or convention centers.  Good luck to whoever has the money or is fool enough to open a restaurant or convention center in Rockingham County.

Bubba and Mrs. Tilley were there. but they never tried to sway my vote.  Tamara was there sitting in a chair and holding signs right outside the ballot area.  She wanted me to vote for Phil Berger and Melanie Bridge.  Phil and Melanie weren't on my ballot.

No comments:

Post a Comment