Monday, September 16, 2013

Where's the School Lunch Menu?

It's been some time since we've seen a school lunch menu in the Reidsville Review digital edition.  Maybe the paper edition has been printing the lunch menus.  Like everyone else, we don't buy the paper edition of the Review, so we go with the "best of" digital edition.

Very recently we actually went to Bethany Elementary School to eat lunch with our Grandson.  It was a surprising experience...the food was far worse than we imagined.  The carbohydrate packed lunch featured cheese pizza, cheese quesadilla, hot dogs, hamburgers, and baked beans.  I pity the diabetic who must eat food from the Rockingham County Schools.

Chili was available for the hot dog as well squeeze packs of mustard, ketchup, and mayo,  I like baked beans, but these were the worst baked beans ever.  I could not eat them.

My Grandson had a dessert.  It was pre-packed, mashed up strawberries.  According to the label on the package it contained strawberries and sugar...nothing else.  He would not eat it.  He gave it to me.  I tasted it, but couldn't eat it.  It went into the trash along with my baked beans.

I've always wondered where Golden Corral buys its food.  It has to be cheap, quality is not important.  Apparently the schools know a place much cheaper than the Golden Corral supplier.

No comments:

Post a Comment