Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Annie Penn Memorial Paid in Full




















At one time in history, you could get your money's worth.

Yesterday was a bit hectic,  so I never had time to post this 66-year-old piece of memorabilia which marks the dawning of a new age.

This is the receipt that indicates Annie Penn Hospital was paid $45.00 for the cost of birthing me.  It also dashes the long-standing and widespread rumor that I am surely not from around here because of all the "mean and cruel" jokes I have reported about Rockingham County's beloved politicians.

I can't help but wonder what it would cost to bring me into this world today - $7,000, $8,000 or more.

Thanks to everyone for the Facebook birthday wishes yesterday - AARP, United Healthcare Medicare, VOIPo, Chevy Equinox Forum, Dr. Joe Adams, Prepaidonline, my brother, my wife, my son, and my daughter.  You're all peaches!

No word from Annie Penn.

11 comments:

  1. Belated Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think about the new truckstop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie Penn is building a truckstop?

      Delete
    2. Richard, you know better than that. This http://www.greensboro.com/rockingham_now/news/love-s-travel-stop-breaks-ground-at-m-site-in/article_a237b766-0799-11e8-babc-6ffda40caa03.html. Only 15 million

      Delete
    3. WoW! Chester's Chicken and McDonald's. This means Reidsville will have four chicken eateries and two McDonald's. I see great things in our future and we owe it all to the new Alien on Scales and Morehead.

      Delete
    4. This is a good one too. Just what we need. http://www.greensboro.com/rockingham_now/news/location-of-state-juvenile-detention-center-narrowed-to-two-reidsville/article_f318be04-0ab5-11e8-aa41-4b77332ce82e.html

      Delete
  3. Where have you been? Enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big story is brewing. I'm waiting for the dust to settle. Standby.

    ReplyDelete